The Museum is a great place for a reception or book launch. It is very atmospheric, which makes it a very special place.
It consists of 4 areas:
- The Herb Garret – a charming area below the timber rafters of St. Thomas’ Church. This is the idea place to serve drinks. It can accommodates 60 people comfortably.
- The Operating Theatre – a small amphitheatre style theatre that can seat up to 50 people. Ideal for presentations and performances.
- The ante-chamber – the area joining the Herb Garret to the Operating Theatre.
- The Belfry with a small shop at the top of the spiral staircase entrance which can be used to welcome guests.
The Museum has hosted many successful receptions but the following restrictions apply:
- Maximum number 60 people.
- Parking is restricted in the vicinity of the Museum during office hours – although the area is well served with car-parks, and meters. St Thomas’ Street is a red route.
- Entrance to the museum is by a 32 step spiral staircase.
- There is no smoking in the Museum
- The building is a museum and has to be treated with tender care
- To minimise the impact on the Museum’s visitors hire outwith public opening hours is necessary in most cases. Please contact the Museum for more information.
- Please, contact the museum for regular rates. Special rates apply for societies or groups that would like an After Hours visit and talk between 6 and 7.30pm.
How to Book
Please send an email to email@example.com for a hire pack and further information or call the museum at 0207 188 2679 to discuss your requirements. A member of staff will be able to help with your enquiry.