Your safety and enjoyment is our priority.
On Monday 19th July, England moved to Step 4 of the Government’s roadmap. While this means that most legal restrictions have ended, here at the Old Operating Theatre Museum and Herb Garret, we will still be following hygiene protocols and have even increased our own internal measures to ensure all our visitors feel safe and welcomed.
- operating at reduced overall maximum capacity
- asking visitors to book tickets in advance to limit numbers, although we do accept walk-ups if space allows
- continuing to ask visitors to provide contact details for NHS Test and Trace and/or check-in using the NHS QR code
- managing visitor flow on our spiral staircase with a traffic-light system
- encouraging visitors to remain at a safe social distance from others
- asking visitors to wear face coverings
- providing hand sanitiser for visitor use
- encouraging an anti-clockwise one-way route around the space
- carrying out increased cleaning in high contact areas
- taking staff temperature checks before each shift
Additionally, we have introduced:
- further weekly cleaning regimes
- weekly fogging in all public spaces using 100% natural and safe disinfectant
- staff lateral flow testing before shifts
We want everyone to have a safe and enjoyable visit, so please respect our team and each other.