About Our Venue
Unique Events Packages & Private Venue Hire in Central London
The Old Operating Theatre Museum and Herb Garret is a Grade II Listed church built in 1701 and it contains the oldest Operating Theatre in Europe dated to 1822. The Museum’s historic interiors make it one of the most unique venues available in central London.
We offer private after hours venue hire, so you and your guests can have exclusive access to our space and historical collections. We also have a range of new and creative event packages that are designed to bring people together and leave everybody talking. With its distinct locations and quirky atmosphere, the Museum also provides a stunning and iconic background in all of your photos and memories.
Conveniently and centrally located between London Bridge Station and Borough Market, with its beautiful and original 18th century interiors and unique historical collection, our venue may be the unforgettable location you’ve been looking for.
Explore Our Offers
Why Choose the Old Operating Theatre Museum & Herb Garret:
- As a registered charity you will be making a valuable contribution to our historical and community work
- With us you are guaranteed an authentic experience in a unique location
- The museum is centrally located and easily accessible by public transport
- You can enjoy exclusive evening hire of the entire museum and access to our collections
- We have a dedicated and creative events team to help you deliver a memorable occasion
All income generated from Venue Hire helps support the Museum and ensures we can keep operating for future generations.