- Are you looking for an iconic venue for your next corporate event?
- Somewhere authentic, full of character, and guaranteed to get everyone talking?
- Fancy spending the evening in the attic of an 18th century church with exclusive access to the Museum and Historical Collections?
PLEASE NOTE: Some of the following hire packages may not be possible due to Covid-19 and social distancing requirements. Please contact email@example.com to discuss any possible venue hire.
The Old Operating Theatre Museum & Herb Garret is one of the most unique venues in central London, conveniently located between London Bridge Station and Borough Market, and available for private hire. You and your group will have exclusive access to the entire Museum as well as our Historical Collections. We have two distinct spaces that can serve different purposes but are seamlessly linked and available as a whole. We can also provide a list of approved local caterers if you would like to include drinks and canapés as part of your special event.
Examples of types of venue hires we’ve accommodated in the past include receptions, book and product launches, classical music concerts, talks, presentations, art exhibitions, workshops, team-building meetings, and film screenings, amongst others.
Whatever your idea might be, our dedicated events team can help make it a reality.
About The Venue: The Operating Theatre
Perfect for Talks, Presentations or Performances
- Projector Screen and AV Capabilities for presentations or videos
- Great acoustics and semi-circle, tiered seating for optimum spectator sightlines
- Please Note: due to conservation requirements, no food or drink is allowed in the Operating Theatre itself
About The Venue: The Herb Garret
Ideal for Launches, Workshops or Meet & Greet Events
- Atmospheric and charming, under the exposed timber beams with original 18th Century windows and ambient lighting
- A cache of oddities and curiosities with something different to discover in our historical collection around every corner
- Food and drink from our approved caterers are allowed in the Herb Garret
- Both Spaces are seamlessly linked through the Ante-Chamber, allowing you to use the Museum as a whole
- Available for Bookings between the hours of 6:30-10:00 AM & 5:30-10:00 PM Everyday (subject to availability)
- Maximum Capacity = 60 (including 2 members of museum staff, guests and any additional presenters, crew, caterers, etc.)
The costs of hiring the Museum are calculated based on an organisation’s annual turnover as listed below and are non-negotiable:
- Less than £100,000 = £200 Per Hour
- Between £101,000 – £300,000 = £250 Per Hour
- Between £301,000 – £500,000 = £300 Per Hour
- Between £501,000 – £1,000,000 = £500 Per Hour
- More than £1,000,000 = £600 Per Hour
Please note, we are first and foremost a Museum, and as such, we may not be able to accommodate all events or requests due to the nature of the space itself, licensing limitations, as well as conservation requirements. Please download our Venue Hire Booking Form for the full list of considerations and restrictions.
If you are interested in booking the Old Operating Theatre Museum & Herb Garret for Private Venue Hire:
- Please, download and read through the Venue Hire Booking Form to ensure we are a suitable venue for your event and whatever requirements you or your group may have.
- Call the museum at 02071882679 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm availability of dates and times for the proposed Private Venue Hire Booking.
- Return your completed Venue Hire Booking Form to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible to confirm. Please, be aware that you will need to receive confirmation from us and that submitting the Application Form does not guarantee your booking.
Why Choose the Old Operating Theatre Museum & Herb Garret:
- As a registered charity you will be making a valuable contribution to our historical and community work
- With us you are guaranteed an authentic experience in a unique location
- The museum is centrally located and easily accessible by public transport
- You can enjoy exclusive evening hire of the entire museum and access to our collections
- We have a dedicated and creative events team to help you deliver a memorable occasion
All income generated from Venue Hire helps support the Museum and ensures we can keep operating for future generations.