Covid-19 safe opening
We are delighted to announce that the Old Operating Theatre Museum and Herb Garret is open over Summer 2020. But the way you book and visit has changed to ensure we meet Government Guidelines for heritage organisations. Please carefully read the information below before booking.
1. The Museum is ready to welcome you back with new hygiene protocols, procedures, and sanitisation stations in place for our staff and visitors.
2. You can purchase tickets in advance online for groups of up to 6 people at a flat rate, after which you receive an email explaining everything you need to know before your arrival at the Museum.
You can also buy your ticket at the doors on the day of your visit, although we cannot guarantee that a slot will be available.
3. Timed entries and a scheduled, staff controlled route means your group will remain safely socially distanced from other groups during your visit. Your visit will last 45 minutes.
4. A whole new contactless trail throughout the Museum will allow you to engage with everything using your own smartphone. There is free Wifi available for you to use.
5. Your ticket price also includes a London Bridge Local History Map as well as an Old Op Quiz to complete after your visit.
6. Afterwards, we’ll email you to get any suggestions you may have to improve our services to you in the future.
What else is open in London Bridge?
Book a guided walking tour of the local area and rediscover London Bridge this summer with us.
Join our virtual Victorian Surgery Demo.
More details coming soon!
Why not walk or cycle to us?
Santander Cycles: It’s £2 to hire the bike and then another £2 for every additional 30 minutes you ride.
There are more than 11,500 Santander cycles at over 750 docking stations across London.